Monday, January 26, 2009

I Just Can't

"Excuses are nails used to build the house of failure" Don Wilder

It's habitual for us to make excuses in all areas of our lives.When we think about doing something, we always have an excuse to escape the hard work (I do that a lot). Excuses hinder us from pursuing our dreams (the only one you are hurting is you).

"I am still young"
"I have time"
"I'm still a student"
"Who will help me"
"I'm not smart enough"
"I don't have the money"
"I don't have the time"
"I will fail"

As we make excuses, the clock keeps ticking and our dreams drift away. We just become creatures of habit, going with the flow; wherever the wind blows.

I don't know about you but, this year, I am going to take chances, pursue the dreams I had as a child and LIVE FOR THEM.

A return to love - marianne williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous, talented, fabulous?Actually, who are you not to be?You are a child of God.Your playing small does not serve the world.There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine, as children do.We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.As we are liberated from our own fear,our presence automatically liberates others.

4 comments:

  1. You like Marianne williamson too :) hmm this quote has gone around so much, but its soo true, people need to reflect on it alot! i read a book once titled "the queen of harlem" it was were i saw the quote, and fell in love with it. lovley post hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl!!! ummmm,I found out about it on Coach Carter and Akeelah and the Bee movie LOL. I will check out the book :). I wanna do more reading and less TV this yr by His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this quote..Its posted on my room wall!
    Neways, i do sometimes find myself making excuses but i know i need his grace.
    Afterall, everything i need to succeed, to do the task he has given me and to do his will are all within me.
    2009 is the year to leap out in faith and just let go of excuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this quote as well!!!
    True talk...With God all things are possible :)

    ReplyDelete