Friday, April 23, 2010

Say You're One Of Them!


So yesterday I had to unplug all my distractions - tv, cell phone and internet and go back to the basics -- reading!!! I remember back home when it rained so hard, NEPA took light and we had nothing to do except jisting with ourselves or reading :). I like going to the bookstore from time to time to feast my eyes and I end up buying loads of books each and every single time. I put them in my collection and smile but never get around to reading some, can you imagine?

Anyhoo, I got a hold of http://www.amazon.com/Say-Youre-Them-Uwem-Akpan/dp/0316113786 Say You're One of Them from our very own Nigerian native, Uwem Akpan! - It was a book recommended by Oprah and is a collection of a few different stories from different parts of Africa. I'm in the first story, which is set in Nairobi,Kenya - so sad; impoverished children telling it like it is through their eyes. I almost started crying reading it. I don't wanna give the story away and I'm not done yet but this book is a MUST READ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment