Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh you prisoner of society!


Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock! "Is it 5 O'Clock YET?" she said to herself. Boy, it was such a draining day at work. She passed away time by listening to some music and responding to some mails & comments on *cough* facebook! 5pm eventually came and she grapped her coat, locked her office, said bye to the receptionist, escalated down numerous floors and zapped out of the office. It was pouring outside! Thank goodness for a huge purse that holds everything you can imagine :)))...come out you handy dandy umbrella. She bugun walking her regular quarter mile to the parking lot and could not help but notice this lady...dressed nicely, looked great but was seriously struggling to walk. She looked uneasy, she seemed unstable and uncomfortable; she was wearing 6 inch HEELS :)


My oh my. Who in the world invented heels and WHY? I did a little research and found that it started in the 17th century, mostly royalty and short people wore it. Women started wearing it for good posture and men wore it mainly when they rode horses to keep their feet from sliding off the stirrup iron. Sha Sha Sha it became a culture we call FASHION! Why do we love to wear something that causes back problems, foot aches and BUNIONS. Don't get it twisted I own several pairs but I only wear them where I know I'm going to sit :p. I love my flats, thank you very much! I just see loads of laydees suffering mentally, emotionally, physically and financially in the name of fashion!

Have you stopped to think why you do the things you do? Why especially us women go through such turmoil to look good. This has been in my head for awhile now and watching "Good Hair" stirred a lot of questions in my head. I mean we have truly become prisoners of society, prisoners of beauty!Regular people putting $1000 hair on layaway Nawaya! . Where is the hair from? India! From other peoples heads...eww...I may never buy a weave again LOL...(I'll just exhaust the ones I have...yeah)


Hair - Weave on point
Nails - Acrylic french tips Check
Make Up - Yeah, we got MAC in the bag
Clothes - Just got me a pair of designer clothes, shoes, best believe it

If you can afford it that's fine but don't break the bank ladies because it only brings you TEMPORARY satisfaction and joy...been there, done that...haven't shopped for months...doesn't tickle my fancy anymore and I feel good...do as your spirit convicts you sha sha

Romans 12:2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Don't get me wrong o, I love to look good! But when it becomes priority over the things that matter it's a problem. I know some people that never look normal, meaning you never see them without make up or dressed down - wear a t-shirt or something sometimes...e no go kill you.

If you cannot do without something because you feel you would not be accepted by the society, then you are a prisoner of society.

If you cannot leave your house without make-up, you are a prisoner of society

If you have to wear designer this and that (someone else's name to prove your identity...hellor) then you are prisoner of society


If you always have to get your nails done, eye brows waxeed, etc = Prisoner of Society

If you have to drive the latest this or that - POS

If you have to own the latest gadget - POS - can I have you BB Pin? Hmm LOL


If you have to acquire the fanciest house = POS

And so on... you name it....you know what your addictions are...admit it to yourself! :)

I ain't perfect...I just wonder...and have been convicted to a certain extent...

BOTTOM LINE - LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND DON'T BOTHER ABOUT WHAT SOCIETY THINKS...DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU!!!

Mucho D'Amour

Convicted Sister

PS - if you see any typos, hail me...your girl is too lazy to proof read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment