Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Letter From Money...

Great majority taken from Joyce Meyer's teaching... plus some scattered thoughts ;)

If money could talk, what would it say? If money comes to your house one day to have a conversation with you, this is what it'll sound like:

"I'm sad and depressed because I'm tired of people abusing me. I'm tired of people using me for wrong purposes, fighting over me, lying, cheating and committing crimes to get me. I get blamed in some way for every divorce (causes 56% of Divorce in the US), I'm tired of fighting with greed all the time. People think I'm their security, but I'm not. People think I'm God, but I'm most certainly NOT! I just wish people could see the good they could do with me, then, they would be so blessed...

Money can cause nervous breakdown, crazy stress, unhappiness, depression, JEALOUSY,etc!

Philippians 4:12 - I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being CONTENT in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Everyone tries to "keep up with the Joneses" but in case you haven't noticed, the Joneses' are BROKE. Trust me, I've seen A LOT of them. Their cars, houses, clothes, etc are on CREDIT! Now why would I want to be jealous of DEBT? See, it doesn't matter HOW MUCH you make...it's how well you MANAGE your income. Budget wisely to have enough left over for an emergency fund or savings. Don't live beyond your means to impress people because you will only hurt yourself. Self deception is the worst thing you can do to yourself!

Some money scriptures

Luke 16:11- So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?

1 Timothy 6:7-10 ->For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 - Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.

Recommended Reads

1) Money came by the house the other day by Robert Katz
2) Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey

The thing that "irrrkkks" me the most is when I see people chasing "paper" and forgetting to live life and enjoy the simple things in life. "It's the journey, not the destination". Definitely follow your dreams and enjoy life :). God will help us!

This is a very BROAD topic - To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment