Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lessons Learned over the Weekend!!!


Oh my, this was a very interesting weekend for me. I experienced a lot that I hadn't before...Neways here are the lessons I learned over the weekend!!!

- Don't wait for people to have fun! You know what you like to do, so DO IT and don't let anybody steal your JOY :-)

- Networking and meeting new people can be beneficial to you as a person and your career. Don't get stuck with the same ol' people. Meeting new people is exciting...

- One needs space/quiet/alone time from time-to-time. It replenishes the soul and clears the mind.

- Always obey instructions! Be it biblical/technical or legal if not you could suffer the "not so very nice" consequences.

-Tell the truth always! There is nothing, absolutely nothing hidden under the sun, it will eventually come out!!!

-Take risks...so hard to do I tell ya! But it could be pretty rewarding!

- Do something you want to do but are terrified to do at the same time (RISK)

- Be grounded in your faith! And don't let peer pressure or anything shake you. Be a person of integrity.

- Don't be judgemental.

- Try to go to church every sundays and fellowship with other believers. There is nothing like being in HIS presence!

- Have the power to SAY NO!

-Don't be selfish. Put others before yourself sometimes lol.

- Hate the sin and not the sinner.

Ok...there are a lot more, so I'll be adding to the list as I remember.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, we are both on the same page like crazy! The first one is what I had to learn the hard way. Now, I don't let anyone or thing (rainy days) to steal my joy. If friends back out the last min, then so be it, but i'm doing ME!
    #11 is mos def! The rest of them is what I try to live by. Keep me in prayer with #11...seems like ppl like to take advantage cuz I don't say no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I just read a similar post too on your wall. "Great minds think alike" :-). Freal...we have to do us, if not this life would be a miserable one. And yup, we have to have boundaries, hence being able to say NO. I have a friend who can't say no to anything/anyone - she looks tired all the time...I'm like "Girl you need time for yourself". God will grant us the wisdom to figure this ALL OUT! :-). Have a blessed week dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. some very good lessons here: definitely i say don't stay stuck with the same ol' people..sometimes u need a breath of fresh air in the form of new folks with new ideas to boost ur creative mind!
    ...and don't wait for others to have fun..its YOUR fun..you know what makes you happy so why wait for others b4 u can let a smile form across ur lips?

    ReplyDelete