Thursday, July 2, 2009

And I stayed away from the malls...


Somewhat scattered thoughts - wasn't in the mood to proofread :(

Wowzers! It's been awhile I updated... So much going on ... don't even know how to explain, but in all, GOD IS GOOD! So I was chatting with my boss this morning about clothes and I just noticed that I had stopped going to malls and boutiques...reason being = I'm an addict. As in, I can't just go into the store without buying anything... I get high when a get a good deal on the sales rack lol (and then I just wear it once and throw it to the side). When I go with my sister she tells me, hmmm Do you need it? Which helped me...but sometimes I would just go without her so I don't have to hear it and just get watever I WANT LOL (i know u reading this)


Why/When I shop


1) Because it makes me feel happy

2) When I think I have achieved something good, I spoil myself lol

3) When I'm sad

4) When I'm bored

5) When there is an unmatcheable deal...(this sales may never return again o)

6) When I get gift cards (I end up spensing over the gift card money :( )

7) When I go to get a gift for someone, I end up buying for myself too

8)When I hang out with friends

9)Just because

10) Just because


Hence, I came to the realisation that I was an addict in some type of way...as in I have a lot of clothes that I can afford to wear a piece once a year!!! I can get away with laundry every 3-4mths...So I went to God and prayed about it (lol) freal...


Eventhough I do slip and fall once in awhile, God has been helping me...I do have about $80 worth of gift cards still to use but I really don't need anything right now...so I'll resist the temptation so as not to overspend, till I URGENTLY need something.


Why was I shopping when I was sad...surely there must be something else I could have done like PRAY, talk to a good friend. Just like me, many of us are struggling with something, eg drinking, using drugs, clubbing (don't get me started on this topic lol), sex, etc. Let's go to our maker, the only one that can fix us, to get HELP.


I have been sober for about 2 months! I'm proud of myself :)...I am currently working on a new healthy less costly hobby!!!


What is your guilty pleasure? Is it healthy for your body, mind, soul or bank account? LOL


Stay blessed

2 comments:

  1. WHOAAAA, you can get away with laundry for 3-4 months?! Did I read that right, lol, OMG. Wow, yeah sis, you got loads of clothes. Sound like my sister. I'm not too far behind u guys, lol. Finally! An update. Good to read from you. Thanks for checking on me. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...yeah...gosh...shopping!!!! Remember I can always help you spend your money!!!! Luv ya sissy!!!

    ReplyDelete